[OM] Re: Curious fogging on OM4T

Subject: [OM] Re: Curious fogging on OM4T
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:11:35 -0800
Assuming this is color neg film, it could be light fogging. I've had
similar color shifts on part of the first frame when I try to squeeze in
an extra at the beginning of a roll. Not suggesting that is the cause
here, only that it color shift could be extraneous light on neg film.
I've also had a similar, but less even, color shift from flare with the
sun just barely outside the frame and no hood.

Since the film between and around the frames is unaffected, with a sharp
cutoff of the effect at the edge of the frame, I don't see how it could
be a light leak in the back, heat or chemical fumes. The extraneous
light, can only be coming through the front of the film, i.e. via lens
or, as Clint mentioned, viewfinder via submirror.

Moose