[OM] Re: Curious fogging on OM4T

Subject: [OM] Re: Curious fogging on OM4T
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:23:41 -0600

First idea --
Remove the film and lens, set the camera on "B", open the back and hold the
release down.  Now look through the back, up to the mirror that's held at
the top of the opening.  If there's a tiny gap between the sub-mirror and
the main mirror, light entering the eyepiece during an exposure can shine
onto the film through this opening.  A way to test for this is to load a
roll of film, attach a body cap, hold the camera in bright sunlight back
toward the sun, fire a frame at 1/2000th, then one at 1 second, then another
at 1/2000th.  Get the film processed with the request that the lab return
_all_ film and check the negatives.

Second idea --
Did all these occur with the same lens, or were other lenses used?  It could
be some sort of optical problem or reflection off the lens.