[OM] Curious fogging on OM4T

Subject: [OM] Curious fogging on OM4T
From: "Michael Wild" <mwild@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:36:48 +0000
I have just run a film through an OM4T that's not been used for a few
months, and a few frames are part-fogged in a curious way :
- only 3 or 4 frames are fogged, no apparent pattern to which
- the fogging is _only on the frame area_, not on the gutter between
frames, but does extend right to the gutter and is most intense there
(presumably ruling out back foam problems?)
- the fogging is on one side only of the frame, extending about halfway
across, and does not have sharp edges
- whatever caused the fogging was not very intense, since the image is
still visible underneath it
It's as if a dim light had shone inside the camera behind the curtain for
a short while. I'm wondering about leakage from the shutter speed
illuminator, but I don't know if this is even theoretically possible.

All ideas welcome.

Michael Wild