[OM] Re: OT - Seasonal Exchanges

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Seasonal Exchanges
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:35:02 -0800
I lived in Melbourne (Carleton) for six months in '87-88--October
through May--working for Daryl Jackson Architects on 120 Collins
Street, but mostly having a romantic misadventure with an Aussie I'd
met in New York City while she was traveling. I _loved_ it there.
Dramatic skies, brilliant light--when the sun was out.  I almost
emigrated--got approved and everything, but then all of the sudden
realized Oz was 12,000 miles from everyone I knew except my then
ex-girlfriend. Doh! So I moved to Seattle instead. Very similar weather
and light, although grayer and more drizzly I think. We get 35 inches
of rain/year...but it's spread out over 250 days (or something close to
that.) And as fate would have it, 15 years later I married another
Australian! We're headed back to meet the rest of her family in May.
Anyone on the list near Mackay, Queensland?

Rob Harrison
Seattle