[OM] Re: Why go digital??

Subject: [OM] Re: Why go digital??
From: "Ali" <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:17:56 -0500
I have heard the digital is very much like SLIDE FILM...there isnt a whole
lot of room of play. You all probably know that already. As for going
digital...sad to say but that is where the market is heading. The
excitment/hysteria is created by consumers who are spoon fed by
corporations. Manufacturers love it cuz its planned obsolescence. In other
words..you are going to be forced to upgrade almost every year if not
sooner. Even the likes of Kodak are focusing their efforts on digital. Since
I live very close to the YELLOW BEAST in Rochester NY...I can tell you that
Kodak is searching for a location to build a plant that will produce their
digital future. Certainly, WE die-hards will buck the trend and because of
this reason..I dont see an immediate end to FILM. Even if Kodak stops
producing film...there are many smaller unknown companies that will produce
film.

With this in mind...take a look at this:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0403/04030502rolleiminidigi.asp

- Ali