[OM] Re: MD2 w Control Pack 2 and charger

Subject: [OM] Re: MD2 w Control Pack 2 and charger
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:14:02 -0800
I really like the MD's (I have 1 and 2, or so...) because the camera is
almost instantly ready for the next shot. Fast with your fingers, not taking
the camera away from your eye (if you can do it, I can't) you -might- be
able to manage being ready again in 1/2 second or so. With the MD's, even in
single-shot mode, you are ready again in about 1/10 second.

I found that getting the 'critical' moment aligned with the actual shutter
was more difficult at ~5fps than I had expected... I have several rolls of
half-motorcycle pictures, as the bikes panned in and out of the frame during
the sequence. But when I tried single frame, I could get four or five shots
during the pan around the curve, without the random misalignment of the
continuous setting.

I'd also expect it would be useful taking pictures of small children or
pets, where you can never be too ready for the next cute expression... The
Winders are nice, but slow, if I'm carrying around the weight anyway I might
as well be ready again *fast*!
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...