[OM] Re: UW OMography? MD2 w Control Pack 2 and charger

Subject: [OM] Re: UW OMography? MD2 w Control Pack 2 and charger
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:51:35 -0800
How times have changed. Turns out you could pick up an excellent little UW
system at KEH for less than a grand or thereabouts.

While I was nosing around I noticed that KEH has a MD2 + Control Pack 2 +
charger on sale for $349, rated as "Excellent." That's better than a decent
deal and if I had the extra cash to throw around I'd jump on it. (I already
have four MD 2's and packs, but stuff wears out, you know.)

These units are great tools for lots of purposes (just for instance, how
many times have you squeezed a shot off in the street of somebody doing
something only to find out later that you missed "the critical moment" by a
fraction of second? well, with a MD cranking away at 3-4-5 fps your chances
of capturing "that moment" are increased by this extent; same with casual
portraitures, where you tell 'em "Smile!" but then never quite capture the
perfect expression, which of course changes faster than the photographer
can usually anticipate and trip, but with a MD cranking away you just might
have captured it even so) and make superb handles and counterweights for OM
bodies. All my bodies are permanently attached to MDs.

Anyway, here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/2mdhs

>Why would Nikon maintain a product page for a discontinued item?

I don't think they would. <g>

>Good to 50 meters.

More like 49m (~160 ft.) In any event, much deeper than most divers will
ever go.

Tris