[OM] Re: audio gear and related topics

Subject: [OM] Re: audio gear and related topics
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:34:14 +1100
Retired an old Dyna 30 watt stereo amp last year - 1962 vintage I
think. The selector was shot and the valves not replaceable here.
Friend gave it to me years ago. It still worked fine with a cheap
Sony CD player and a couple of no-name speakers I found on a landfill
:-)
(I have quite enough geek points without going audiophile).
Miss the tone but not the hum from those transformers. Still have the
manual somewhere which shows that it cost twice my week's wage in '70
never mind earlier - even if you built it yourself.
AndrewF
(even older fart?)