[OM] Re: The Loudspeaker OT

Subject: [OM] Re: The Loudspeaker OT
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:06:24 -0800
I suppose this may work with speakers taht are pretty close to each
other in sound.......

Back in the dim past, when I sold, serviced, made, etc. Heathkits, we
also sold speakers to go with them. People would come in and ask for the
best sounding system for $xx. I would let them listen to the best
speakers in the house run by the teensy 10 watt/channel Heathkit
receiver and A/B that with the best electronics (and Heath were actually
some of the best made at the time) and modest speakers (such as the
AR-3(a)s). They would always like the first sound a lot better. After
they looked at the size of the speakers and the lack of bells, whistles
and gewgaws on the little receiver, they would almost always by lesser
speakers and a fancier electronics setup.

The ARs never really pleased me. Something about them tired me with long
listening. Not awful, just not something I would pick, and certainly not
today.

Moose