[OM] Re: The Loudspeaker OT

Subject: [OM] Re: The Loudspeaker OT
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:01:24 -0800
True, or even better in a small bowl like the one at Ojai so that
little more of the sound is direct, rather than reflected.

I got a test CD from Chesky a number of years ago and I was surprised
by a track with the same person repeating the same words into a variety
of unequalized professional recording microphones. Talk about a bad
collection of resonances and uneven frequency response. Most engineers
must work like hell to get anything that could be called accurate out
of them. They must have a custom equalization curve for each microphone
before they even start working on improving the singer. It is a wonder
that playing back a recording even reminds us the real experience.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA