[OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f 2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 80-200 f 2.8
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:34:33 -0500
Actually, I typically saw the Tokinas sell for significantly more than the
Tamrons, although I haven't priced them in a couple of years.  My rationale for
this phenomonen was that the Tamron, being usable across many different
platforms with it's adaptall mount, is more common and thus cheaper.  The
Tokina, being a dedicated mount lens, and pretty uncommon in the OM mount, is
bid up in price when it appears by those few people hunting for it.

Also, pretty much any lens could have a better tripod mounting system than the
Tamron, which isn't very good, IME.

Skip