[OM] Re: OM1n/ 2n/ spot

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1n/ 2n/ spot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:58:44 -0800
Recent threads made me ask myself why I use OM-4s and OMPCs in
preferrence to OM-2(n) bodies. I'd forgotten about the full frame
averaging on Auto on the 2(n). I use Auto for most shots, tending to use
exposure compensation when needed rather than switch to manual. I prefer
the center weighted metering of the later cameras, especially the ESP on
the PC. So you can guess how I feel about the OM-2s, with nothing much
to add to the 2(n) but spot metering in a mode I rarely use.

I used a 2(n) for many years, but my votes are OM-4(T(i)), OM-2n, OM-1,
OM-2S. The 1 ouppoints the 2S for longevity and repairablility.

Moose