[OM] Re: OT How many cameras?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT How many cameras?
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:29:29 -0500
I have a difficult time keeping up with this list. At one point I could
probably list
all the om goodies I possess but all I can say now is that it is getting
smaller. I know
I have an OM-3t and a bunch of OM-4t's and no matter what, the 35-80 is almost
always attached to the camera that is in the bag. The only Zuiko I have not
owned
at one point are the 8mm, 250/2, 1000/?, and 55/2. What usually ends up in the
bag
is the 35-80/2.8, 21/2 or 24/2.8, 90/2 macro, 180/2.8. Sometimes I swap out the
35-80 and go with a 50/1.4 or 50/1.2 and 100/2. The 35-80 is a superb lens and
gets the most use, especially when shooting people situations. If I have a
specific photo project, then I will customize for that project.

The thing I miss the most in newer camera gear is the viewfinder. It never
ceases
to amaze me how well I can preview the final picture with the OM viewfinder.
People talk about how digital gives them instant feedback, but I have not yet
seen
anything new that compares to the OM viewfinder. Along with that goes the
diopter
correction on the OM-4 and 3. They just don't make'm like they use'tah.

Wayne - a bit preoccupied these days with other stuff.