[OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers)

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers)
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:43:26 +0100

I do see a pattern - a few whippersnappers, a few curmudgeonly old farts,
and the rest of the list are bloody close to 50.  Anyone keeping count in
detail to plot a distribution of age?

Anyway I'm 51, bought my first OM in the early eighties when my children
were young - because I found my Kiev rangefinder not good enough for
close-up portraits.  It was an OM10 (for which I made my own Manual
Adaptor!)
Sticky mirror magnets pushed me to my OM-4 (still in use) bought
"almost-new" for 230UKP in '87.  At that time I had to choose between a
T90, an OM-40 new or the OM-4 not-quite-new - I made the right choice but I
guess I'd still like a '40 as a backup.

regards to all whippersnappers, COFs, and
mid-life-crisis-should-I-buy-a-DSLR soulmates,
Jez