[OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers)

Subject: [OM] Re: How old were you? (WAS: whippersnappers)
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:27:17 -0500
I'm 47. Although I did some B&W as a kid with my dad, I never got interested
in photography as I was happy with my own visual memories.

Then at 36 I took a trip to Suriname with my girlfriend and it occurred to
me it would be nice to show *other* people what I'd seen. I liked her camera
- things seemed intuitive and in the right place - but we didn't do well at
sharing. She had opinions about what I would photograph, even when I
supplied the film, so I decided the most diplomatic thing to do would be to
get my own camera - an OM-20 (hers was an OM-G, same diff).

Then I realized this could be a way to make beautiful or truthful or
intriguing things in their own right. But I'm still working on that.

Andrew