[OM] Re: Silly Polaroid SprintScan 4000 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Silly Polaroid SprintScan 4000 question
From: Humbert Humbert <0humbert0humbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:12:23 -0600
Gord -- Now I know what I was doing wrong ;-)

Tris -- That's most generous of you... I guess my baby steps will be
scrutinized!

Winsor -- Excellent idea, I'll also check with Microtek.

Bill -- Good trick to have a dedicated OS X Jaguar volume, I might
just do that (I have an internal RAID 0 card and two drives in
addition to the original drive on the internal ATA bus).

Mike -- If it's just a driver issue, then ViewScan it will be, as I've
tested it and it's less flaky than Polaroid's software.

Chuck -- I think the wording is definitely sloppy on the site.

tOM -- ViewScan sounds like a bargain!

Skip -- Very tempting... I do have an older, bundled copy of
SilverFast. To install it, you need Photoshop on your drive and since
I have Canvas, I've done e demo install of PS to 'fool' the installer.

Thanks a lot for the insights, folks, you zeroed in on many good
angles in no time at all! No wonder TOPE photos look so good.

Phil