[OM] Re: Film media article

Subject: [OM] Re: Film media article
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:38:54 -0000
I believe that I speak the same English as does Chris, far away as he is (40
km would you say Chris?).  But I agree with you and your wife, Tris, that
"due to" is acceptable usage, not even an Americanism.  It does also satisfy
Chris' criterion (of which I confess I was unaware, but that is because I
never studied English, I just sort of picked it up as I went along), since
the clause that follows it *is* a noun clause.  To be more specific,
"varied" is not a verb, but an adjectival participle.

BUT I am unsure about the last word in the quoted passage below!  Do you
mean "stet"?  ;-)

Nice to see Trafalgar Square as your "test pic".

Piers

PS Haven't yet had a look at the FM actions I got hold of, but hats off the
Tris for the pointer to the discount!