[OM] Re: Film media article

Subject: [OM] Re: Film media article
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:22:28 +0000
I did not think that I would, but I read to the bottom of the article
Tris.  You have persuaded me that:

1.  Max 400 is good enough for a decent photograph.
2.  That Fred Miranda's USM system works fine.
3.  That it is possible to take colourful photographs in overcast
conditions.

There are a few typing errors:

a.  The top 3 columns do not flow into each other; perhaps there was a
hard return at the bottom of the first 2 columns.
b.  There are 2 inappropriate instances of 'of' : it should read
'documentary in nature' (col 1)and 'one or two' (col 2).
c.  'Loseless' (2/3rds down) should read 'lossless'.
d.  You use 'due to' incorrectly 3 times in the last paragraph.  'Due
to' is an adjectival phrase which should describe a noun or noun
clause, whereas you have used them to describe verb clauses. 'Owing to'
or 'because of' would be correct.  E.g. '... file size is an issue
because of the varied connect speeds ...'

Cheers

Chris

On 15 Feb 2004 , at 20:00, Tris Schuler wrote:

> I wanted to first thank whoever so generously used my Links page to
> access
> Fred Miranda's store a couple of days ago to buy his IS Photoshop
> actions.
> Your "donation" to my website is greatly appreciated. I am also
> confident
> that you will not in the future regret this purchase. Fred's stuff
> works great.
>
> Below you'll find a "tiny" URL <g> to my website's page where I've just
> completed my initial article, "An affable man." (In a manner of
> speaking
> the USM test was my initial article, but as it is not finished yet. .
> . .)
>
>       http://tinyurl.com/356yt
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated. As always, I do _not_ seek
> glad-handing
> and back-slapping and all that. Just your critical impression of the
> work,
> its slant, value for novice photographers wishing to be headed in the
> right
> direction ASAP, etc. There's a feedback page if you think your "real"
> opinion might actually offend me on this list (it would not), to which
> you
> may always post anonymously.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tris