[OM] OM4t arrived

Subject: [OM] OM4t arrived
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:48:13 -0500
I finally received the used OM4t this evening.  All I can say is wow!  The
only blemishes on it are a few paint chips on the film memo holder on the
back door.  It looks as if it was barely used.  I tested all the functions
and everything seems to check out... the spot and averaging meters give the
same readout as my OM1 and  Luna Pro light meters.  The "passed" sticker has
a date of "91" but I'm not sure if that is a good indication of the
manufacturing date.  The foam seals and mirror foam look ok.  Didn't  notice
any pinholes in the shutter curtain while doing the bright light test.  A
very small corner of the leather is loose on the front.  Does anyone have a
good recommendation for the type of glue to tack it down?  I got a kick out
of tripping the shutter  in auto mode, indoors with little light, with the
aperture at f16 and having the shutter time expose for 40 seconds.  Gotta
love that! :)

Can't wait to run some film through it.  At the present moment I think I got a
heck of a deal for $350... actually more like a gift. :)

Richard