[OM] Re: [OT] PW Pro, was: can your digital do this?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] PW Pro, was: can your digital do this?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:04:45 -0800
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I don't know what PS does beyond PS 7.0 but 7.0 has a limited but not
>trivial list of operations that it can perform in 16/48 bit mode.

To quote from the PS7 manual:
"the following Photoshop tools and commands are available for
16-bit-per-channel images:

    * The marquee, lasso, crop, measure, zoom, hand, pen, eyedropper,
      history brush, slice, color sampler, clone stamp tools, healing
      brush tool, and patch tool, as well as the pen and shape tools
      (for drawing work paths only).
    * The Duplicate, Feather, Modify, Levels, Auto Levels, Auto
      Contrast, Auto Color, Curves, Histogram, Hue/Saturation,
      Brightness/ Contrast, Color Balance, Equalize, Invert, Channel
      Mixer, Gradient Map, Image Size, Canvas Size, Transform Selection,
      and Rotate Canvas commands, and a limited set of filters

Gaussian Blur, Add Noise, Dust & Scratches, Median, Unsharp Mask,
Solarize, and High Pass filters can be used with 16-bit-per-channel images."

Covers pretty much anything I've used in PS except the occasional
special effect filter.

The promo for the next version, PhotoshopCS just says "Comprehensive
16-bit support. Perform more precise editing and retouching with
expanded support for 16-bit images in core features, including layers,
brushes, text, shapes, and more."

Moose