[OM] Re: OT: Treadwell and Bears(with OM mention)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Treadwell and Bears(with OM mention)
From: Gary Edwards <zuiko_warrior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 04:27:51 -0800 (PST)
I have found on numerous occasions that Olympus equipment serves as a sure-fire
bear repellent.  On the latest, I packed two bodies, a tripod, and a 400 mm
lens for a strenuous 7-hour hike on the high trail in the Chisos Mountains of
Big Bend.  We met several other hikers who had seen bear, but we saw nothing
but lots scat.  My wife, who went with the group taking the easy Windows trail
just below the Basin, came face to face with a large adolescent black bear as
the trail rounded a confined bend.  She, of course, carried no camera.

Gary

Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for that Roger. I will make sure that our visitors to Algonquin
pay proper heed to your warnings and those of the Park Rangers. They
are going with 2 experienced leaders, one of whom works in my office
with me...

Chris