[OM] Re: OT: Treadwell and Bears(with OM mention)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Treadwell and Bears(with OM mention)
From: Gary Edwards <zuiko_warrior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:20:51 -0800 (PST)
Retreated hastily.  Conferred with companions.  Waited what was determined to
be an appropriate time.  Went back and peeked around the rock.  Was met by the
bear who had also determined that enough time had passed to risk a peek.
Frightened the bear enough that he then departed cross-country looking for mama.

Donald MacDonald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 04:27:51 -0800 (PST), Gary Edwards
wrote:

> I have found on numerous occasions that Olympus equipment serves as a
> sure-fire bear repellent.

You're right there, chum. On our closest encounter with mother and cub, it
was my turn to be using the video camera. Ergo, no shots with my OMs.
Fiona too busy panting about how cute they were to take a decent shot!

My wife.... came face to
> face with a large adolescent black bear as the trail rounded a confined
> bend.

What did she do?! Concerned acquaintances want to know..!

D.