[OM] Re: Leki camera support, was Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Leki camera support, was Camera Bags
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:51:30 -0800
I don't remember my Leki having a name, but it has taken Photos in the
Sierra.

It sounds much the same. The wooden knob has a compass in the top. I use
a Bogen 3232 monopod head on it rather than something I have to hold
bent while taking a picture. By the way, you don't need a compass in the
high, Southern part of the Sierra, just a map. There is very little tree
cover, the peaks are easy to identify and the passes are high enough
that you certainly know when you've changed watersheds, real work and
time was involved.

Moose