[OM] Leki camera support, was Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Leki camera support, was Camera Bags
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:01:42 +0000
Jim

It's the Leki Sierra Photo.  It comes with a tripod screw hidden under
a wooden knob.  I have removed the wooden knob to screw on the CamCane
Stalker Grip.  This is only a stiffened rubber semicircle on which you
can rest your lens or camera to steady it.  I used it in Spain last
October and it was great to have a steadying pole for me and for the
camera.  The Grip is very comfortable if you wish to hold the top of
the pole, but of course the Leki handle is good too.

As a weapon the CamCane does a little better than the Leki, especially
if you put the original ball rest on the top.  The carbon fibre of the
CamCane gives it a little bit of whip for sweeping the legs of fellow
tourists out from under them so that you can have a better view etc...

Now am digitally equipped, so to speak, I might try a few poses of the
Leki with Stalker Grip and of the CamCane to put on a temp website.

Cheers

Chris

On 1 Feb 2004 , at 19:05, James N. McBride wrote:

> If the "Billingham Stalker Grip" looks as much like a weapon as the
> name
> implies you might have a tough time with airport security. I'll have
> to look
> into that device. I love the Leki poles. It's amazing how much load
> you can
> take off your legs by using the arms going both up and down hills.
> They also
> give a lot of stability when stepping over downed trees and stuff when
> wearing a pack. The poles have saved me a number of falls.

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.

+44 (0)7092 251126