[OM] Re: Lumi -micron screen OM 40 (OM PC )

Subject: [OM] Re: Lumi -micron screen OM 40 (OM PC )
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:51:27 -0800
OK, so I read the original question and responded to the technical
question about screen replacement.

My first reaction to the color question was that I needed to pull out
all my OMPCs and OM-4s with 2-4 and 2-13 screens and check them for
bluish tint and the fineness of the matte area. Then I caught my self
and realized that I didn't care. Now I gotta ask the question. What does
it matter what the color balance of the screen is? It has no effect on
the image on film. If the screen lets me effectively frame and focus on
what I want to photograph, isn't that all it's supposed to do? I've
never found the OMPC screens to fail to deliver on that basic
functionality, so I left them alone and read a nice book (middle of the
night, no photo ops).

Moose