[OM] Re: Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Bags
From: Gary Edwards <zuiko_warrior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 15:05:58 -0800 (PST)
Let me get it straight, now.  Used diaper bags are OK but one should put lenses
in CLEAN socks. . .I think I've got it!  ;-)  Clever set of bags, Wayne.

I have another sort of problem.  When Chris and I attended the Legends airshow
in England last summer, we noticed another photographer with some big white
bazooka on a monopod.  That wasn't particularly noteworthy, but he was standing
on the aluminum case the thing came in.  Presto!  He had about 12 inches (300
mm!) advantage over the rest of us who were struggling to shoot over the
unwashed but standing masses in front of us!  So, I've been quietly looking for
a reasonably priced case that my Tamron 400/4 and Sigma 70-210/2.8 glass can be
fit in and which will support my now svelte 170 pounds (thanks, dear).  It
would be nice if it came with wheels and a handle. And I need to find it before
I show up on the flight line at Nellis for Red Flag in March.  Sure would hate
to have to spend the price of something that carries a photographic equipment
tag.

Gary

www.peopleplacesflight.com

Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Wayne:
>
> I think that your cooler bag might be worth a picture. Very funny, but if
it
> works- it works.
>
> Gord

No problem. You can look here for a picture and a good laugh :-)
I've pictured some different bags I use, with a camera to give an idea of
the size.
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=366827