[OM] Re: 3rd Party Lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: 3rd Party Lens for OM
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:39:44 +1100
Most push on caps like the Schneider type are far too shallow for a
fisheye - they will touch the centre of the front element and
eventually mark it, even if you are careful. That's why the genuine
type is so deep. You don't want the cap to be touching the glass,
even with a felt liner, when it's pushed right on tight. Much better
are binocular caps - they tend to be much deeper and come in a range
of sizes. Just a question of finding a seller who has a box full of
junk bino caps and trying them for a fit - many old type camera
stores have junk boxes you can rummage around in - two bucks for
anything you can use.
When I had a Sigma 16 with no cap, I made one up out of a deep
plastic ring that I found by serendipity with a sigma conventional
cap glued to the front. Worked.
AndrewF