[OM] Re: [OT] Getting close, but with a twist

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Getting close, but with a twist
From: fred42@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:07:58 +0000 (GMT)
I had a look at the two the other day in relation to this thread. The Panasonic
does seem to carry a similar spec but is lacking in some of the analog feel
controls of the leica. Leica have put a set of three rings on the lens to
control zoom/aperture and I think shutter speed. EVF is similar spec as is the
LCD rear panel. Lens has I believe the same spec on both.

geebee should be able to offer his views of the panasonic as I seem to recall
some of his site is done with that model. Including the excellent squirrel leg
shot of a few weeks back (my personal fave!)

So the loss of 'manual' feel on the Panasonics saves out $1200 on list. Though
the model in question can be had for less that $400 with some persistence.

To my mind a serious contender for entry into an digital workflow for most
prosumer users.

Dan S