[OM] Re: Updated ebay prices

Subject: [OM] Re: Updated ebay prices
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:11:41 -0500
I think that the data that Marcus is compiling is far better and more useful
than my, feeble attempt a couple of years ago.  It's obviously driven by a
database or something vs. my spreadsheet-driven model.  I especially liked the
direct links to the auctions from the details listings.

I also didn't like the clipping box for the whole site.  With all that content,
it would be nice to see the entire screen used.

One thing that I immediately noticed was the high percentage of Olympus America
items keeping many of the prices up.  Look especially at the high-end lenses
and e.g., the 90/2, where almost all the items are from OA.  As these stocks
dry up, the prices will fall again as the supply of factory reconditioned or
NIB items starts to wain.

Skip