[OM] Re: U ltron 40/2 v Olympus 40/2

Subject: [OM] Re: U ltron 40/2 v Olympus 40/2
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:31:18 -0800
on 1/17/04 10:24 PM, andrew fildes at afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'd be interested also in opinions of the Voigt 125/2.5 Macro! Looks
> like a sweet thing, available in Oly mount - 1:1 as well. (Just don't
> have $600 lying around at the moment).
> http://www.cameraquest.com/inventor.htm
> AndrewF

There have been a few reports on the Cosina-Voigtlander SLR lenses over on
the CV rangefinder (mainly) list. In my recollection the 125 'close focus'
lens was pretty well regarded, on par with the best 3rd party lenses and as
good as most of the OEM. I think one report was commenting on the
performance of a Nikon mount version. The construction is supposed to be
very good, all metal and well finished... but not 'cheap' by any means
either. Still, its less than a 90/2.0, but I'm very satisfied with my
Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 for a -lot- less than either one.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...