[OM] FW: OT - Netscape mail

Subject: [OM] FW: OT - Netscape mail
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:44:48 -0000
Tom, Moose

Looking at the headers of your message Tom, and comparing them with the
headers from a message you sent before the list change, the only ovbvious
difference is that the Listar software includes the following line:
with the appropriate list (new) addresses.  I conclude that Netscape will
use the "X-original-sender:" name, if it is present, to fill its "From:"
field, whereas Outlook Express (and Outlook too, for that matter) will use
the "Sender:" name.

Whether that is a mailer issue or a list manager issue (or either, or both)
is moot!

Piers