[OM] Re: Software for image ediiting

Subject: [OM] Re: Software for image ediiting
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:15:12 -0500
I've got both Photoshop 7.0 and Picture Window Pro 3.1.  I'm no
Photoshop expert, by any means, so I probably am unable to use it
to anywhere near its full capabilities.  And the same is true
about Picture Window, but it's a lot simpler to work with and I
feel more comfortable with it.  Besides, it does 95 percent of
everything I need or want to do with scanned pictures, which is
not a whole heckuva lot, since if it ain't a decent shot to start
with, I don't bother scanning it.  Also, it works flawlessly with
both the Epson 3200 and the HP S20 PhotoSmart scanners.  I
consider it well worth the money, which is about 1/10 what
Photoshop costs.

I think John Lind is a regular Picture Window user, and I'm sure
he could contribute more to this discussion than I can, which I
why I haven't piped up until now but have been waiting on somebody
smarter and better-informed to pitch in.

Which reminds me -- where is John?  I haven't seen any posts by
him in quite some time.  Did one or our recent OT tirades drive
him off?

Walt

If I had my way, any man guilty of golf would be ineligible for
any office of trust in the United States. -- H.L. Mencken