Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) postings to the group (ends up long !! Be warned. )
From: "GeoW" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 15:22:36 -0500
I agree with Brian and Chris. If not for this list, all my Nikon stuff wouldn't
have been
gathering dust for all these years.

I also don't see a problem with off-topic chatter. To me it's entertaining.
What I do
have a big problem with and I've unintentionally offended members in the past
by
saying it is, this list is the OM list. This was never meant to be the Olympus
everything list. Hell, I remember the XA wars. To allow or not to allow
discussion of
Olympus XA on the list. It was finally decided to be permitted on the OM List.

Now, it appears the majority of those list members have moved on for one reason
or another. For the past few years the list has drifted away from the OM system
that
it was established for. Now, without hesitation, most members feel that if it
says
Olympus, it's OK to post it to the list and be on topic. Not so. It's off topic
unless OM
System.

That takes me back to my earlier statement of not having a problem with off
topic
post as long as we are aware that they are off topic. <G> The only thing that
can
harm this list is it's members not knowing what it started out as, what it
still is, and
what we all should hope it continues to be. OM

This post is not aimed at any one person. No, I have no official standing on
this list.
I post very seldom as I am here to learn.. I don't have answers to questions. I
don't
even have good questions to ask. I do read, and for the most part, enjoy every
post.

Thanks for bearing with me on this one,

GeoW