Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and othe

Subject: Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and others...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:35:14 EST
I agree we've killed this discussion about 20 messages ago, but since you
asked the question......<g>

You must have missed my reference to bringing along a couple of sets of _AA
Alkalines_ (non-rechargables) for that peace of mind. You can't do that with
$100+ proprietary packs that NEED to be charged.

Plus, my AAs will work in my flash, my tape (or digital) recorder to keep a
record of my shots/settings...etc.

AND a set of 4 AAs WITH the charger is $10 at Wal-Mart.

George S.

Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
George, I don't really get what you said below. If you hadn't bought extra
sets of AAs and had them charged and in your bag (or otherwise accessible),
you wouldn't have that peace of mind. How are the AA sets any different from
the proprietary packs?