Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and othe

Subject: Re: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and others...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:04:31 -0500
Keep a record of your shots, settings, etc.? Why? What are the chances
that you will ever again in your life take the same photo under exactly
the same lighting and climatological conditions? Given that they are
nil, what good does keeping the data do?  I'm always fascinated by the
fact that on the various lists people post photos with the film type, f
stop, lens, etc. - and yet when I open almost any photo book - that is
monographs of photos by renowned photographers - I don't find any of
that data, and I usually don't find any mention of camera brand, lens
types, etc.; I just find photographs. There may be an essay discussing
the way the photographer worked, his or her purpose in photographing,
his or her 'vision,' but no technical data or discussion. Odd.