Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:38:44 -0800
Lens is a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2,8/50 T. It is off a Practika. It has an exceptionally deep mount that goes behind the rear element to allow some kind of filter, corrector lens, whatever to screw in at the back. Problem is not the Fujica, as I tried it on some other brands and models at a show/swap meet. Someone suggested that it might fit a Honeywell Hx body, but who knows. Mechanical construction is such that the rear extension can't be simply cut off. I was interested both to see how good such an old first generation coated standard lens might be and to see what a 14 blade diaphram did to bokeh. All moot for the moment, as the project turned into too much trouble. Too bad, as the glass is perfect and it sure operates smoothly since I cleaned and lubed it.

Hey, maybe it will fit on a D300, with the modified mirror action! As a true preset design, it should actually be more convienient than an auto lens adapted to the EOS mount. Back to the future?

Moose

andrew fildes wrote:

What was the lens Moose?
Some of the screw mount bods were tricky - Mamiyas and Fujicas in particular.