Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: 1st look: Mamiya DSX 1000
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 04:30:55 -0500
Moose, I rented a similar Fujica ST701 in 1972 or 73.  The eyepiece has a metal
ring to retain the optics.  Now get this:  the
threaded metal ring is SERRATED so it scratches eyeglasses.  You got a CLA'ed
body for around $43?  Are you sure those were US
dollars?  They weren't 43 gold Kuggerands?  A CLA for the mamiya is about 3x my
purchase price.

All the best,
Lama

From: "Moose" olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My 'in case I need to use a screwmount something or other' camera is a