Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day

Subject: Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:27:19 EST
Walt,
One of the things I remember the most about my own wedding (besides having
the priest refer to my wife by her sister's name all during the ceremony.....do
you guys think I have a "loophole" here??)...  is NOT having fun because the
photog kept ordering us to "stand here!" and "stand here!" all afternoon and
evening! If you're involved, it definitely is less fun than if you're a guest.

George S.

hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx writes:
At my stepson's wedding a couple of years ago, the lucky bride's
family hired a highly-acclaimed, nearly famous (and very
expensive) wedding photographer.  He was of the Hasselblad and
Nikon variety, complete with assistants with radio-controlled
flashes for backlighting, etc.  And the end product was, I have to
admit, absolutely outstanding.  Absolutely no digital anything.

But he took almost exactly 240 shots from beginning to end.
However, by the time all this was finished, many of us, especially
those who were ready to start drinking (more) and partying
seriously, were ready to kick the SOB's butt.  Besides, he was a
little bit annoying.  (Apparently considered himself a bit of a
comedian.)

Anyway, I have to observe and opine that if you can get a wedding
party to hold still for 1000 pictures, you must be either shooting
with a motor drive stuck on "sequence" (or the digital
equivalent), or these people are heavily sedated.  Or maybe you're
just one smooth dude and they want to make you happy and keep you
around.  I would need to see this for myself to decide.

When's your next wedding shoot?

Walt, mostly pulling your leg