Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day

Subject: Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:46:45 -0800
In a message dated 12/30/2003 AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< - - Racing photographers can shoot a couple thousand pictures
during a single race.  In the case of Nascar, where you have 43
cars on the track you'll get at least 50 pictures of every car
and pictures of every combination of cars on the track.Granted,
900f the picture are trash, due to misfocus, motion, bad
framing, etc. >>

Not to say one couldn't do 2000 frames in a single race, I will say from
personal experience it would be *very* difficult (and as you pointed out,
results surely would suffer). Fatigue sets in, if nothing else. I recently did
the Audi Club National Event driver's school which was two full days shooting
on track. I wound up with around 1600 frames total (editing this many is a
major pain, BTW). Only monopod use was for the 350/2.8 and that was only about
200f the time (that 70-200/2.8L is just too good). My arms hurt for a week
afterwards. Since switching to 100 0igital (blame Stephen, the EOSenabler) I
tend to average around 1200-1500 shots per race weekend. I definately feel
soreness setting in.

Mandatory OM content, despite the digital body being an EOS 10D, I did shoot
with my Zuiko 350/2.8 a fair bit thanks to the Kindai International adapter. I
also finally realized that my Zuiko 21/3.5 is a really sweet wide angle on the
10D (though not very wide of course).

(Yes, I never left the OM mail list...still lurking, but seldom post these
days).

Mike Veglia