Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day

Subject: Re: [OM] 1000 shots in a day
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:15:37 -0500
I'm not famous, don't have assistants, don't use radio slaves, and do
NOT ask the wedding party to stand still for one, must less, 1000 shots.
That's how I do it. And what people I shoot, whether families doing
nothing for a day, or brides, grooms, and their loved one's, invariably
say at the end of the day is "we weren't even aware of your being here."
On the other hand, at the wedding I shot last weekend - actually I was
there to shoot the events starting with the rehearsal through TO the
wedding (but shot the ceremony as an add on), the bride and groom were
ready to kill the "wedding photographer" with her 'stand here, stand
there' and her clanky camera and potato masher flash - who probably took
about 240 shots, almost every damn one posed.

And here are my first 10 picks from the wedding - I give the bride a
plain vanilla photo album with 40-50 8 1/2 x 11 quadtone black and white
prints; and I chose the images to tell the story of the day.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/bdcolen/folder-6029.html

Best

B. D.