Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:17:56 EST
With all due respect, you were just pressing the shutter to test the battery,
right?
Was that a "real world" test? No. No one could take 1000 shots in a day and
be able to pay attention to focus, framing, exposure, etc.
Yes, the new batteries may be amazing, but you have no way of knowing if that
digicam you just bought will be discontinued in a year after selling 5,000
units, or 5 years from now after selling 3 million units. Guess which camera
will be difficult to find a battery for in 5 years? It may be yours.

George S.

GeorgeS.

scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
With the BG-ED3
battery grip, I've shot well over 1000 frames in a day with one set
of batteries and not the see the battery level drop. George can keep
using his AA's if that what makes him happy, but all I can say is
that these new proprietary batteries are simply amazing as to how
good they are.

-Stephen.