[OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and others..

Subject: [OT] Battery comments WAS: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4495 and others...
From: "Mickey Trageser" <Gad-Zuiks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:22:08 -0500
Since I took the discussion to general battery use and have crudely used
non-Oly examples to illustrate my points, I've rebadged the thread as
T.  --Apologies

Stephen,
It really is quite surprising how well the new cells hold up. At the same
time, I surely understand the shagrin of seeing the 'investment' in the AA
cells turned into an expense. I can live with it since I have a number of
flash units that are all too willing to use the AAs.

Also, I hope no one takes my comments to mean I think all cameras with
proprietary batteries are better than those that use AAs. It's a combination
of the better cells and the frugal electronics that make the difference.

As you can see in my earlier post, I got in excess of 1200 exposures out of
a single BP511. To me, it was unexpected and practically unimaginable. What
would I get if I had the 2 cell battery grip? More peace of mind than I
could understand, I think!

-Mickey
------