Re: [OM] Does it have a zoom?

Subject: Re: [OM] Does it have a zoom?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:38:42 -0800
You sometimes seem to go to a great deal of effort to make yourself unhappy.

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

A woman at work was talking about Christmas and cameras.  <snip>

BTW, Sharon drives herself and her two children in a mini-van.  She's "herd
mentality" the whole way.

Be glad she doesn't follow you and bring all her friends. Then you would need to find a whole new set of predjudices so you wouldn't be part of the 'herd'.

 She'll probably get a digital
with an underpowered flash (3/4" away from the lens), and a compromised f11
zoom.  She'll be happy though, because her pictures will
look JUST LIKE all the other redeye-infested ones taken by the other soccer
moms.

So then she has a camera that pleases her and takes pictures that please her. Where has she gone wrong? In not living her life to please you?

 When her hard drive dies, she can moan about how
she should have taken better care of her children's memories.  She'll have lots
of company.

I hate my life,

Your choice, buddy. You could choose to be pleased for your co-worker, who chooses to live her life as she pleases and enjoys it. You could even emulate that part of her way of living (not the details, the attitude.). You could even celebrate the marvelous diversity of wonderful people we encounter on our journey.

I wish you more joy for your Christmas.

Moose (Whose P&Ss with zooms get much more use than the XA.)