Re: [OM] tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:46:28 -0800

>...The B1 head and my Gitzo tripods have been some of the best investments
>that I've ever made.  I'll never have to replace them unless I want CF.
>They'll last until I'm six feed under.
>
>Skip

Well I do have a decent tripod (Gitzo Studex) but I'm not satisfied with
the 308 head. Not only does it shift when locking down but also isn't
very rigid. There is enough shake that the 300 + 2x is a doubtful combo
unless I can get the speeds up there. Unfortunately an ArcaSwiss or
Arcatech or Kirk or the like isn't in the near future unless I get lucky
at a garage sale.

Mike