Re: [OM] Crappy photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Crappy photos
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:00:37 -0500
Speaking of not being able to find quality goods anymore:  What's up with
packing tape?  I bought a roll
generic cheap stuff at Wal-Mart about a year ago and it was terrible.

Last week I bought the 3M brand and even went for the reinforced kind.  It sure
is reinforced all right.  It's so tough the blade
can't cut the tape.  But that's not all: the adhesive isn't up to the job of
holding a box closed.  I taped closed a box last night
with this stuff.  By this morning, the adhesive had let go of the box and the
box was hanging open.

I'm lucky I didn't actually ship it yesterday.

So, again: What's up?  I learned 6 months ago that the cheap packing tape at
Wal-Mart isn't any good.  But now, the 3M stuff isn't
any good either!  Do I have to go back to wetting the old-style stuff, like
wallpaper?

ARGGGH!  I hate my life except that the Tamron 90mm f/2.5 macro is here.  I
can't wait for the M42->EOS ring to come in so I can
make some photos.

All the best,
Lama

From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>