Re: [OM] Zuiko 85/2 portraits

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 85/2 portraits
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:34:33 +0800
Thank you very much for Garry and all who have spent the time to look at the
shoots. They were taken at a Gundam show, which is just five minutes walk
from my home and it will last for a few days. I did the first few shots with
a C*non 28-135 IS at around 1/40s F5.6 but there were so many peoples a few
feet behind the models, very hard to isolate them with this small aperture
zoom. So I changed to Zuiko 85/2 and shoot wide open, which did much better
in soften the background and the wide aperture gave very nice effect (at
least to me) when you can made a close up to the eyes successively (focus
manually didn't have a very high successful rate in that situation with the
10D).

C.H.Ling