Re: [OM] OM Do NOT try this at home

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Do NOT try this at home
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:02:43 -0500
I hate that stuff.  (You might want to send the women and children out of the
room.)  I once assembled the case of my Porsche 914
with that stuff because the kid at the auto parts store "recommended it".  I'm
talking about using it as a sealer for the crankcase
halves.  The 914 4-cylinder engine was just a VW pancake engine from the
short-lived station wagon, very similar to the engine in
the Karmann Ghia / Bus and more distantly related to the Beetle.

Six months later the stuff formed little pills and fell off inside the engine,
blocking the oil cooler intake.  No oil pressure.  I
verified the light and changed the oil.  Twice.  No oil pressure.

You can imagine the colorful language I used, no matter where you sit around
God's green Earth.  I used 'em all and made up some
improbable new combinations.

Nothing to do but take it to bits again.  Like I said, I hate that stuff.

Lama

From: <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>