[OM] OM Do NOT try this at home

Subject: [OM] OM Do NOT try this at home
From: john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:31:14 +0000 (GMT)
Hi guys,....Tale of woe to follow..

  I recently cleaned out all the old sticky goo from my mint OM2n prior to
installing a new lightseal kit from John H.

    Could not find the right adhesive...SO being a practical guy  :-) decided I
knew best and tried to install it using blue silcone used to make gaskets...OH
DEAR  :-(  ...everything went "pear shaped"  lightseal streched , kinked and
generally went totally wrong.

 Took longer to clean blue goo and foam seal out of camera than it took to
clean at the start. Frighteningly I came within a gnats whisker of pushing a
cocktail stick through the shutter blinds.
       When I had finished I looked through the viewfinder...to find a huge
piece of the blue silicone had escaped and was now laughing at me from the
safety of the inside of the window :-(

    Lesson now learned , Camera will be sent for a FULL service in the New
Year.  To be truthful it has been a brilliant tool and fully deserves a
service. I just wish John H. was closer as I would prefer to send it to him or
Clint.

John Duggan,  Wales, UK.