Re: [OM] [OT] Creative Spam Query

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Creative Spam Query
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:15:47 +0000
In addition to the other advice, do remember, AndrewF, that some spam will contain a small GIF file which confirms to the sender that you have opened the email. I am not sure how this works, but it means that you should not even open one if you are still connected.

At the moment I am receiving spam on only one of my email addresses (of 6) and I am convinced that either: I clicked on "un*ubscribe" some time in the last year (oh foolish one!); or that I opened one that had a telltale GIF. I use SpamCop to report spam and it seems to have stopped all but the most persistent.

Chris