Re: [OM] Zuik 35-105 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuik 35-105 problem
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:58:23 -0000
I have just had one repaired - with the opposite problem, the close focus
did nothing, and the lens would not focus at all (but it was worth every
penny of the USD35 it cost me).

I wouldn't even think of poking around inside any zoom lens, least of all
the Zuiko 35-105 - even if it did cost peanuts - it sounds like the zoom
guides are broken (the CF is racking out the right amount).  I am told there
are two versions of the internal mechanism, and if you are lucky (as I was)
the repair shop will have a donor chassis for the right version.  Cost me
USD95 for the repair, and I hope it won't cost you much more!

Piers